Get on board with our friends at Secret Forest Walks for a Sunday adventure!
Enjoy three of Daylesford’s finest offerings in one; a Secret Forest Walk in the Wombat Forest, a trip on the Daylesford Tourist Railway and a picnic supplied by Spade To Blade catering.
Strictly limited, only one Sunday Special is available per week on a first in basis. Bookings essential.
Meet with Brendan from Secret Forest Walks 10.30am Sunday morning at Spade to Blade Café, opposite the Daylesford Tourist Railway Sunday Market, for an introduction to the walk and how to use the GPS over coffee/tea and a freshly baked pastry.
With your fully equipped backpack containing fresh and filling items prepared by the café that morning, take your seat on a vintage Daylesford Spa Country Railway train for a 25 minute journey through farmland and forest to the hamlet of Bullarto. Activate the GPS and it will guide you on a unique and secluded walk through rich forest to a hidden reservoir picnic spot. Complete the walk and return to Daylesford at 2.45pm for the last train from Bullarto.
– Meet at Spade To Blade cafe, 21a Raglan st Daylesford : 10.15am
– Board DSCR vintage train: 11.00
– Arrive Bullarto station: 11.25am – Activate GPS
– Arrive Bullarto Res’: 12.15pm
– Depart Bullarto Res’: 1.00pm
– Arrive Bullarto Station: 2.15pm.
– Depart Bullarto Station: 2.20pm
– Arrive Daylesford Station: 2.45pm
– Return of equipment and reflections: 2.50pm.
The Sunday Special is 8km in length.
Terrain is mainly flat with some moderate hills.
Walking time: two hours. Picnic time: 45 minutes.
– Includes hot drink and baked treat at consultation and a hiking backpack
containing freshly made picnic items such as the famous Spade to Blade katchapouri.
Also bottled water and other walkers essential.
– DSCR return rail ticket
– Secret Forest Walks consultation and support and hire of Garmin hand held GPS
To book, give Brendan a call on 0418 301 281 or enquire about our deals for larger groups.